Sensemaking in NGSS Assessments
In Activity 2, you will first WATCH an introduction video. You will then READ a short 2-page article about Sensemaking in NGSS Assessments. Then, you will TURN IN a Google Form asking for your thoughts on the article. Finally, you’ll WATCH a wrap-up video.
Activity 2 Steps:
1. Instructions – WATCH 2 min video below (for a pdf version of the video with speaker notes, see this file.)
2. Sensemaking in the NGSS – READ the pdf article below.
3. 4 “A”s Google Form – SUBMIT the Google Form.
4. Wrap-up – WATCH the 2 min wrap-up video.
Sensemaking in the NGSS
While you read the short article below, consider the following 4 “A”s.
- What Assumptions do the authors of the text hold?
- What do you Agree with in the text?
- What do you want to Argue with in the text?
- What parts of the text do you want to Aspire to (or Act upon)
When you’re done reading, continue to the next section (4 “A”s Google Form) below.
If the article below is not loading, please try this link!
Tips for Annotating the PDF:
- Print PDF (printer icon on top left of PDF below) and annotate by hand
- Download PDF (page with down arrow on top left of PDF below) and annotate with computer app
- Read PDF on screen and take notes on paper about specific quotes/phrases and your corresponding 4 A’s thoughts.
4 "A"s Google Form
SUBMIT the Google Form (click on the blue button below) to share your thoughts on the article, using the 4 A’s.
Make sure to USE specific evidence from the text in your responses.
Ex: “I agree when the author states….because…”
Please WATCH the video below* (2 min) to conclude Activity 2. Then, CLICK “Continue to Activity 3” button at the very bottom of the page.
*For a pdf version of the video with speaker notes, see this file.